Corporate Social Responsibility – The REED Way
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) simply defined means: ‘How does your business benefit society’? Most people know REED as a recruiter and so know that we support the UK and global economy through improving employment rates and paying our taxes! We always make sure to adapt to change and to meet societal needs, such as expanding our own Apprenticeship programme with the introduction of the Apprenticeship Levy in 2017.
However, we believe REED has many more great examples of how we give back to society. For example:
- 18% of the REED group of companies is owned by the Reed Foundation, which distributes funds to a range of charitable causes including educational ventures such as the Alec Reed Academy and Reed College of Enterprise Network
- Our founder Sir Alec Reed established multiple charities: the Reed Foundation (1988), Ethiopiaid (1989) and Womankind Worldwide (1989): all of which still operate 30 years on
- Reed in Partnership was established in 1998 to deliver Welfare-to-Work programmes and continues to do so today while also acting as a key partner in delivering the National Citizen Service (NCS)
- The Big Give was founded in October 2007 by Sir Alec Reed CBE. Since then it has helped raise over £98 million for charitable causes
That’s just the foundations of the business.
Our people (we call them Co-Members) are the ones who make the changes to people’s lives. That may not always be as obvious as our Employment Advisors at Reed in Partnership helping disadvantaged people in to employment or REED Co-Members raising thousands of pounds to go support local communities in Ethiopia, but could be as simple and everyday as:
- A team of Permanents Consultants and Temporaries Consultants hitting targets and making profits REED can reinvest in charitable causes through the Reed Foundation
- Office Managers, Business Managers and other Co-Members working together to run regular fundraising days in the office – such as our Birmingham office who recently raised £720 for a local mental health charity
- Senior Managers supporting charities directly with their time and expertise – such as Strategic Growth’s Chris Adcock helping to coordinate an event which raised £8,000 for a children’s charity
Check out #LifeAtREED to see what our Co-Members are doing today!
Looking After the Family
REED is a family business in more ways than one. Not only is it the largest family-owned recruitment business in the world and one of the longest-running British recruitment companies (read more about REED’s History here), but our Co-Members also liken working at REED to being part of something bigger – a family.
In addition to our external work, REED rewards and looks after its Co-Members with benefits such as Well-being programmes, Moving House days, Professional Qualification funding, and even a Personal Development Fund which provides 50% funding (up to £500) for Co-Members to complete any personal development course they choose; from driving lessons to diving lessons!
REED prides itself on being an inclusive employer. We have received accreditation as a Mindful Employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and a Disability Confident employer, to name just a few.
REED has also been Carbon Neutral since 2005 – the first major recruitment company to do so in the UK.
Join the REED Family
Due to the size of our business and continued organic growth, we are always looking for both Early Talent and experienced recruitment professionals to join the business to help us maintain our position as a leading employer in the recruitment industry.
With offices across the UK from Plymouth to Aberdeen, and global offices from Prague to Seoul, there is bound to be a role for you to #StartAtREED.
Experienced hire? – View all our vacancies here.
Or click the image below to explore our Early Talent Careers!