A unique opportunity has arisen to join Reed Talent Solutions’ flagship London NHS Staff Bank service contract, in the role of Staff Bank Bookings Manager.
In this pivotal role, you will be responsible for managing 4 Bookings teams, covering shift deployment across Nurse and Midwifery, Doctors, Admin & Clerical and AHP, into 5 NW London Hospitals including St. Mary’s Paddington, Charing Cross and Hammersmith.
This is a great opportunity to become fully immersed within the NHS whilst working for a leading Recruitment Outsourcing business.
As the Staffbank Bookings Manager, you will be responsible for managing 4 Bookings teams, led by three Team Leader direct reports, covering all staff groups: Nurse and Midwifery, Doctors, Admin & Clerical and AHP.
Each team consists of coordinators that book workers throughout the Trust onto shifts. This role will involve working closely with the Divisional areas within the trust to recognise and understand the staffing needs and deficits to ensure placement of the most appropriate staff. You will engage closely with the Staff Bank Account Director, Account Managers, Resourcing & Clinical Business Partners, and Recruitment Managers to share information and actions to ensure that the client requirements are met.
You will be accountable for leading your team to ensure that all of the administration and data management tasks associated with Reed Talent Solutions contractual requirements are completed to the established standard, including:
- Answering incoming calls from candidates, client managers, internal contacts, and partner suppliers.
- To coordinate and contribute to the Staff Bank team rota making sure that all shifts are filled to cover the Staff Bank service.
- Ensuring a pro-active approach to candidate care is undertaken, maintaining a clear and accessible list of available candidates, updating candidate records as required, creating, designing, and delivering incentives for workers.
- Producing and delivering management information as required.
- Managing team and individual coordinator performance targets.
- Responsible for booking analysis, looking at trends, analysis of previous years fill rates by staffing group and ward to enable forecasting, identifying hot spot areas/wards/role types and using this to work with the Account Management team and Recruitment Managers to enable the proactive recruitment of workers to fill gaps.
A Team Manager will use a range of performance management methods to ensure that services delivered by their team meet or exceed fill rate targets and must lead by example by delivering a world-class service for all their activities.
- Ensure that the team meet all aspects of the contractually agreed Service Level Agreements, key performance indicators and client and employee satisfaction levels for all aspects of the contracts under their control.
- Maintain control of the performance levels of the allocated team members.
- Take ownership of working processes and practices used within the team, including:
- Pro-active management of available candidate pool, working with the recruitment team for resource pipelining.
- Overall co-member performance and activity levels
- Demonstrate an understanding of the commercial aspects that underpin the delivery of the outsourced recruitment service.
- To monitor weekly and monthly reports on activity and work with managers to ensure targets and projections are maintained.
- To regularly review systems and processes to ensure the delivery of a quality temporary staffing function is maintained.
- To receive all advanced bookings from the wards/departments and ensure that these are accurately entered on the Bank Staff system.
- To assist in the further development of the Staff Bank team.
- To manage the usage of agency staff for ICHT and reduce the reliance on agency usage through optimising the workers within the staff bank.
Delivering Service Excellence
- Have a clear understanding of all the processes that the Operations Team carries out and ensure that the team fully understands their responsibilities.
- Ensure all employment and discrimination legislation is adhered to.
- To pick up and resolve any queries made either by the wards, Bank team or agencies regarding bookings.
- Ensure agency worker compliance, bank ongoing compliance & mandatory training is complete, up to date and maintained in line with requirements and regular audit activity.
- Effectively manage allocated co-members.
- Maintain team focus on targets and objectives via daily meetings and ongoing activities.
- Undertake coaching and performance management, and reviews as appropriate.
- Act as an escalation point for all issues relating to team members, candidates, clients, or suppliers.
Continual Improvement of Process
- Develop and harness a culture of continual improvement in relation to performance, systems, processes, and procedures within the teams.
- Deliver agreed changes to process and procedures take action to ensure all team members are trained and deliver changes effectively.
- Identify and champion improvements to systems to deliver increased service excellence and profitability.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties but gives an indication of the work that must be undertaken.
- Account Director
- Staff Bank Account Managers
- Resourcing Business Partners
- Clinical Business Partner
- Recruitment Managers
- Staff Bank workers
- Client contacts
- REED Co-Members
Attributes: Deliver Results Analyse Information Create Solutions Communicate Clearly Influence & Control Collaborate with Others
Motivators: Resilient To Challenges Willingness to Learn Desire to Succeed
- The delivery of an exceptional level of service that meets all client Service Level Agreements and deadlines.
- Successful performance against fill rate targets.
- Effective team performance against commercial targets, including revenue generation.
- Achievement of client satisfaction targets, determined through the evaluation of service process.
- Achievement of candidate satisfaction targets.
- The achievement of agreed personal and team targets.
- Utilisation, engagement, retention, and the development of team members.
Join REED – Improving Lives Through Work
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency – Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2019 & 2020
- Glassdoor Top CEOs 2019
- The JobCrowd Top Companies For Graduates To Work For 2018/19
Our Values, Your Values; Our Future, Your Future
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. REED is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a MINDFUL EMPLOYER and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.