- Office Location: 120 Coombe Lane Raynes Park London, SW20 0BA
- Office Name: Head Office - California
- Sector: Central Support
- Salary: £Neg - £Neg
- Job Type: Permanent
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 427319
Reed Specialist Recruitment are looking for a Business Analyst to join their expanding team based in Raynes Park, South West London.
The Role – what will you be doing?
Our Business Analysts are the hub of our development and change processes. You’ll be involved in the entire lifecycle: not just in upfront requirement evolution, but in mapping and refining existing and desired operational processes, managing the software development process, managing procurement and relationships with 3rd party software and service providers to name but a few responsibilities.
Most of our core systems are developed in house. You will be given ownership of products or parts of products, leading through requirement analysis, design, development, testing, deployment and live maintenance. You will manage a squad of one or more programming teams (consisting of developers, scrum master and testers) overseeing the introduction and refinement of complex, business-critical systems.
We operate within an agile development environment, utilising facets of SCRUM, DSDM and ITIL. You will be responsible for owning a product backlog, communicating delivery against budgets in a fast-moving output focused environment with the freedom to drive real positive change.
The Team – who are we and why are we recruiting?
Our Company Strategy relies on investing heavily in Technology – which means new and exciting projects are always on the near-term horizon – and we know that the success of many of these will be driven by our Product Design Team.
As such, we’re expanding the team to help us deliver effectively against these aims. There is an excellent spirit and unity in the current team, aided by a healthy work life balance – alongside a real desire to work together towards elegant high-value solutions.
The Company – why join us?
“Improving Lives Through Work: Four simple words that capture the purpose of what we do every day at REED and our guiding focus as we move into the future.” James Reed, Chief Executive of REED Group
At REED we believe passionately that what we do makes a difference to everyone we work with:
- Every five minutes, someone in Britain starts a new job through REED
- Every month, 12,000 people improve their skills and prospects by enrolling on a course through REED
- Every year, over 30,000 businesses trust REED to connect them with the talent they need
- REED’s employment support services have helped over 150,000 unemployed job seekers to start work
- REED gives 18% of its profits to charity and supports thousands of good causes through our charities
REED also offer great Benefits and Rewards, including but not limited to:
- Generous and flexible holiday scheme
- Season Ticket Loans
- Pensions Scheme
- Discounts across 100s of retailers
- Long-service sabbaticals
For more information on working for REED, checkout our careers website https://careers.reedglobal.com/, search for the tag #lifeatreed on LinkedIn/Twitter – or look us up on Glassdoor (where we’ve won a number of awards) https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Overview/Working-at-REED-EI_IE255667.11,15.htm)
The Ideal Candidate – what are we looking for?
Our ideal candidates will likely have a CV with significant experience in one of the following or similar job titles; Business Analyst, Systems Analyst, Product Manager, Product Owner, Product Analyst, Solutions Architect.
Most importantly though – we believe in Mindset over Skillset. You’ll embody our corporate values:
- We are fair, open and honest
- We take ownership
- We work together
You’ll also meet most of the following criteria that all our BAs exhibit:
- Critical thinker; quickly grasp new concepts and challenge assumptions effectively
- Sophisticated listener; able to hear what the root issues are, not just “what’s being said”
- Clear communicator; able to simplify concepts and tailor approach suitably
- Eye for detail; you’ll thrive on making good decisions based on relevant data
- Output focused; you’re the driving force that helps others achieve their goals
Join REED – Improving Lives Through Work
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency – Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2019 & 2020
- Glassdoor Top CEOs 2019
- The JobCrowd Top Companies For Graduates To Work For 2018/19
Our Values, Your Values; Our Future, Your Future
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. REED is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a MINDFUL EMPLOYER and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.