We're looking for a talented,enthusiastic and motivated Creative Director to help move our product to the next level. The successful potential co-member will have a passion for collaborating with multidisciplinary product teams to uncover and solve user problems across our B2B and B2C products. You’ll also be a role model for design thinking and principles within the business.
We operate in an agile environment so we understand that ideas start small and need time to grow and develop,we create an environment that allows this to happen in an iterative way.
What you’ll do
- As Creative Director at Reed Online,you will be part of the Technology Senior Leadership Team and responsible for building,managing,mentoring and developing a team of highly talented designers
- Develop and own the strategic direction and future roadmap for our design system and methodology at Reed Online.
- Be the custodian for our design system to ensure continuity of experience across all our products and services
- You understand the importance of taking a user-centred approach to problem solving
- Work with your team to help them develop their skills,behaviours and where necessary a training programme
- Define and maintain a talent plan for your department and conduct regular reviews
- Be the ‘Champion’ of research lead user-centric design within Reed Online and ensure visibility of its virtues,your department and design in general across the Reed business
- Your skills
- 10+ years experience designing for responsive web and our native apps with a portfolio to back it up
- Experience in implementation and development of design practices and principles into a business.
- An expert in Atomic Design based Design System,component library construction,management and maintenance.
- A high level of experience in the principles of good SEO practice
- An expert in using qualitative and quantitative data to help quantify thinking
- Champions developing designs within WCAG AA accessibility standards
- Expert user of Sketch,Invision,Photoshop and Illustrator
- An expert influencer,team player and leader
- Passionate about helping users reach their goals
- Act as a facilitator; ideas can come from various parts of the business
- Appreciates the value of advice and feedback from co-members and willingly shares feedback and ideas with others
- You can communicate your ideas across a number of stakeholders from Design to Board and back up your thinking with qualitative and quantitative data
- Inspire and mentor juniors
- Work closely with the Lead and Head to drive the team forward
- You are always wanting to learn
Join REED - Our Values,Your Values; Our Future,Your Future
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2018
- Glassdoor Top CEOs 2018
- The JobCrowd Top Companies For Graduates To Work For 2018/19
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. REED is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender,race,disability,sexual orientation,religion or belief,age,gender identity,marital or civil partnership status,pregnancy or maternity. We are a MINDFUL EMPLOYER and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.