The role of a Credit Controller is to increase profitability for Reed Online by reducing overall debt levels and identifying and resolving claims and disputes,whilst maintaining and building good customer relationships. Also responsible for providing financial and administrative services in order to ensure effective,efficient and accurate financial operations whilst complying with company policies and procedures,ensuring high level of customer service is upheld at all times.
- Maintaining accounts receivable customer files and records
- Releasing sales orders for invoicing and processing invoice run
- Posting customer payments by recording BACS,cheque,PayPal and credit card transactions and accurately allocating receipts.
- Setting up Direct Debit payments
- Liaising with relevant departments to ensure queries are resolved efficiently and effectively
- Ensure that all written communication is issued in accordance with contractual obligations adhering to company standards and client requirements.
- Assisting in preparation of reports for month end procedures
- Effective collection of debts by telephone,letters and email
- Dealing with Client queries regarding payments and outstanding invoices
- Undertaking reconciliations on customer accounts
- Handling disputed accounts and negotiating to bring payment into line with terms
- Recording of credit control activity information
- Dealing with cheques,credit card payments,BACS payments and Direct Debits
- Strong Credit Control background
- Good track record of bringing down debt
- First class numerical skills,excellent attention to detail,organisational and time management skills
- Excellent telephone manner and the ability to communicate confidently with people at all levels.
- Enjoy working to targets
- Excellent team player
- Experience of using Agresso and Salesforce is desirable but not essential
- Competent user of Microsoft Excel and able to create and interpret spreadsheets and use Pivots and V-lookups
- Ability to use own initiative and ensure that processes are completed within strict deadlines with meticulous attention to detail
Join REED - Our Values,Your Values; Our Future,Your Future
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2018
- Glassdoor Top CEOs 2019
- The JobCrowd Top Companies For Graduates To Work For 2018/19
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. REED is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender,race,disability,sexual orientation,religion or belief,age,gender identity,marital or civil partnership status,pregnancy or maternity. We are a MINDFUL EMPLOYER and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.