- Office Location: Dragon Court, 27-29 Macklin Street, Covent Garden London, WC2B 5LX
- Office Name: Reed Online, Dragon Court
- Sector: Software Engineering & Development
- Salary: £65000 - £75000
- Job Type: Permanent
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 431595
Reed Online are looking for a Data Scientist to join their team based in Holborn, Central London.
As part of a team of data specialists reporting to the Principal Data Scientist you will help cover this maternity leave period. Developing innovative solutions that keep Reed Online at the forefront of a data-driven market, leveraging sophisticated machine learning and big data technologies to overcome a variety of data and engineering challenges to allow job seekers to discover their perfect career.
You’ll have exposure to, and experience in working in a fast paced commercial environment, across some of the latest tech available such as deep learning and cloud technologies (e.g. Amazon Redshift, Big Query, Kubeflow, Snowflake, Looker, Apache Spark) and deployment tooling (Docker, Terraform, K8S) to help, design, deploy and iterate data driven solutions that enable Reed Online to achieve some of the latest advancements in the recruitment technology field and be able to use and develop your skills to help guide the business technology stack to improve and better understand the jobs market.
In return you can expect to be working on some of the most exciting developments in the history of Reed Online and the recruitment industry helping the Principal Data Scientists to shape the future of the company as a data led organisation, working with product, engineering, business intelligence, product analytics, marketing, integrations, customer success, and finance teams to implement iterative, scalable elegant solutions to enable the business to utilise and understand our data in ways not possible before.
The role will involve using machine learning to identify patterns and trends by analyzing, interpreting, enriching and running experiments on both job and candidate related data to improve our products and services. Additionally you will be responsible for guiding the team on delivery best practices and the team’s data architecture developing a CICD platform for a regular release process into a production environment.
You will be passionate about turning raw data into advanced insights, and applying the latest in machine/deep learning research to deliver new, innovative models to transform the organisation at all levels. Working alongside engineers to help us build-out a core suite of data products and services based around improving the experience of job seekers looking for jobs and recruiters looking for candidates.
You will be using a variety of different tools, technologies and techniques such as AWS / GCP, Jupyter Notebook, SparkML, Python and Natural Language Processing to:
- Acquire and Scrub Data
- Filter and Mine Data
- Represent and Refine Data
- Sort and Search Data
Skills and Experience
You will be a data evangelist, with a strong background in data science and machine learning, possess a good knowledge of statistical analysis, data processing and modelling of large datasets to derive new insights; presenting insights back to stakeholders, developing prototypes of tools to learning models.
This role will suit candidates from eclectic backgrounds as we are primarily seeking an analytical and inquisitive mind. This role is an exciting opportunity for a candidate seeking the opportunity to drive themselves with their own enthusiasm for the subject matter.
You will need
- A solid background in statistics and computer science, with strong technical, mathematical, or scientific skills
- A proven track record in delivering iterative and scalable solutions to production in a commercial environment on a regular and consistent basis
- Proven experience in big picture thinking – correctly diagnosing business needs and productionising research
- Experience with cloud platforms, infrastructure and delivery
- Fluency of R, S Plus
- Appreciation of Marching / Deep Learning Practices and Deployment
- Experience in working with 3rd party models, integrating these into the companies own data science models or data structures.
- To be a self-starter, bringing your own curiosity, creativity, enthusiasm and real role problem-solving to a highly motivated team
- Deep understanding of the fundamentals of probability and statistics
- Deep knowledge of one of more of the following technical areas, with an appreciation for more:
Natural Language Processing
Exploratory Data Analysis
Cloud Technologies Azure, AWS, GCP
Join REED – Improving Lives Through Work
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency – Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2019 & 2020
- Glassdoor Top CEOs 2019
- The JobCrowd Top Companies For Graduates To Work For 2018/19
Our Values, Your Values; Our Future, Your Future
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. REED is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a MINDFUL EMPLOYER and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.