The role will involve working within the Database Team. This team works as part of one of several cross-disciplinary teams, observing the Agile Scrum methodology, working closely with C# developers, Front-end (HTML/CSS/ASP) experts, Scrum Masters, Product Owners and occasionally with Marketing.
- Data modelling and database design
- Work closely with the scrum team, gathering requirements and providing solution specifications
- T-SQL coding for data migration and ETL processes
- Creating and maintaining database objects such as views, stored procedures, functions, UDTs
- Troubleshooting and monitoring production issues as and when they arise
- SQL Server performance monitoring and tuning, including index management, procedure and query analysis, code refactoring
Skills and Experience
- Proficient in T-SQL programming
- Commercial experience of SQL Server, ideally experience providing data for a commercial application, and be highly motivated to develop these skills further
- Strong knowledge of relational database design
- Previous exposure to an agile environment (preferably scrum)
- Good understanding of SQL Server Replication
- Database performance tuning
- Experience with Redgate tools i.e SQL Compare
- Cloud infrastructures desirable (AWS and/or Azure)
- Source Control (preferably Git)
Join REED - Our Values, Your Values; Our Future, Your Future
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2018
- Glassdoor Top CEOs 2019
- The JobCrowd Top Companies For Graduates To Work For 2018/19
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. REED is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a MINDFUL EMPLOYER and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.