- Office Location: Dragon Court, 27-29 Macklin Street, Covent Garden London, WC2B 5LX
- Office Name: Reed Online, Dragon Court
- Sector: Software Engineering & Development
- Salary: £35000 - £55000
- Job Type: Permanent
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 423833
Reed Online are looking for a Developer to join their expanding Courses team based in Holborn, London.
Job Title: Developer – Courses
Reporting to: Development Team Lead
Direct Reports: No
Location: Dragon Court, London
Here at reed.co.uk we believe the world should Love Mondays. This means connecting people with the right jobs and courses for them, and we’re leading the way. We’re looking for great people to help deliver these life-changing products… is that you?
As a courses marketplace, we focus on connecting potential students with the right course, and offer a complete user experience from browsing through to purchase. We’re looking for a talented, enthusiastic and motivated Developer who wants to play an integral part in shaping the future of our Courses proposition.
So, if you’re ready to immerse yourself in a market-leading product and become part of a fun and lively team, this role is for you.
As a Developer resource dedicated to our Courses business, you’ll be part of a strong and talented team, working on the development and delivery of improvements, new features, and entirely new products, by solving complex problems, and creating elegant technical solutions to fulfil the requirements of our internal, and external users.
The successful candidate will have a passion for collaborating with multidisciplinary product teams to uncover and solve user problems across our B2B and B2C products.
We operate in an agile environment so we understand that ideas start small and need time to grow and develop, we create an environment that allows this to happen in an iterative way. We are all dedicated to making the product a success for both of our user groups – our students, and our course providers.
Reporting into our Development Team Lead, you will work within the Courses Product team.
- You’ll be involved in all parts of the development process, from inception to delivery, helping to define items of work with the development team, define the acceptance criteria, and devise technical solutions
- Be involved in the entire delivery of work items, including front-end, back-end, and data persistence
- Maintain code quality by developing to our defined coding standards, and using static code analysis tools to tackle technical debt, and avoid potential bugs and vulnerabilities
- Work with the development team lead, and architect to implement ingenious solutions to problems involving the introduction of new technology
- Manage technical debt with the team
- Be involved with pre-release regression testing, coordinated by the Quality Engineers in the team
- Liaise with the wider department on work items, as well as improvements or bugs affecting the effectiveness of our products and services, including UX, UI, Quality Engineers, DBDs, Product Owners, Support, your fellow developers, and, just occasionally, with Marketing
- Be part of the release rota, taking on the role of Release Manager to coordinate, and release code to production
- Be a supportive team player, and work collaboratively with your peers
Skills and Experience
- Commercial experience in developing responsive web applications
- C#, ASP.Net, MVC, Web API
- Supporting code with unit tests
- The use of dependency injection frameworks
- Experience with Object Relational Mappers (ORMs)
- Understanding, and application of the SOLID principles
- Applied design patterns to common design problem
- Familiar with agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
- Use of version control tools to manage source code
- Ability to collaborate with other members of the development team on improvements and ideas
Highly desirable but not essential:
- Computer Science degree, or equivalent
- Gulp, Sass
- JQuery, Bootstrap, Knockout.js, Vue.js, SystemJS, Node.js
- Simple Injector
- Experience with developing Windows services
- Exposure to source control (git), TeamCity, and Azure DevOps
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Use of Jira
Eligibility to work in the UK
Join REED – Improving Lives Through Work
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency – Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2019 & 2020
- Glassdoor Top CEOs 2019
- The JobCrowd Top Companies For Graduates To Work For 2018/19
Our Values, Your Values; Our Future, Your Future
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. REED is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a MINDFUL EMPLOYER and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.