- Office Location: 120 Coombe Lane Raynes Park London, SW20 0BA
- Office Name: Head Office - California
- Sector: IT Infrastructure
- Salary: £50000 - £65000
- Job Type: Permanent
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 446384
Reed Specialist Recruitment is seeking an experienced Java developer to join its successful, dynamic and experienced in-house development team, based in Raynes Park London.
Working as part of a business-critical IT development team you will have responsibility for supporting and developing a wide portfolio of Java/Oracle internal and external systems for one of the UK’s largest recruitment agencies. There will be a mix of adhoc and routine work as well as specific projects in what is a very busy and demanding role.
Ideally you will be educated to degree or equivalent level in an IT discipline and be able to demonstrate experience in developing Java based web applications using the Spring or Spring Boot framework as well as excellent SQL knowledge. Good knowledge of Hibernate, Microservices, Security (JWT/Saml/Oauth), Restful Services, Integration technologies, and using PL-SQL in creating triggers, procedures, packages in Oracle would be an advantage is a distinct advantage.
You must have experience of developing, maintaining and running performant software applications in a business critical environment.
Good communication skills are a must as the role will require constant contact with business owners, the wider development teams, understanding the user goals and producing systems that answer both a business and technical need.
The candidate will possess:
- Excellent design skills, with a talent for turning functional designs into elegant solutions
- A fast learner with excellent quantitative, analytical and communication skills
- Excellent documentation skills
The candidate will have proven experience in:
- Designing and developing complex web applications
- Experience in
- Java 8/11.
- Spring Boot, Hibernate and associated technologies
- Experience of relational databases (Oracle or similar)
- Experience of unit testing frameworks
- Knowledge of modern architectures and interfaces (Restful services, microservices etc)
- Experience working within an Agile team
- Experience of version control tools (Git or similar)
- Experience of Atlassian Suite of collaboration tools (Jira/Confluence/BitBucket)
- Node, Gulp, Groovy, Grails Framework
- Experience with search indexes (Solr or similar)
- Reactive Web Clients.
- Distributed caching e.g. Hazelcast.
- Experience porting monolithic services to microservices.
- Restful services, Json
- Oauth2, JWT, Saml
- Performance optimisation
- Knowledge of DevOps practices, and build automation (Maven/Gradle or similar and Jenkins or similar)
- Experience of cloud service-based infrastructure (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS etc)
Join Reed and help us achieve our purpose of improving lives through work.
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency – Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2020
- Glassdoor Top CEOs 2019
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Graduates to Work For 2021
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Apprentices to Work For 2021
Our Values, Your Values; Our Future, Your Future
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. Reed is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a MINDFUL EMPLOYER and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.