DevOps Security Engineer
Job Title: DevOps Security Engineer
Reporting to: DevOps Lead
Direct Reports: No
Location: Dragon Court, London
As a DevOps Security Engineer you will be an expert in cyber security, protecting and monitoring cloud environments. You will be up to date with the latest cyber security threats and mitigations and you’ll help our teams ensure our customer’s data is safe and secure.
You’ll be contributing to an active DevOps team working on cloud infrastructure and services, build and release pipelines and monitoring and alerting.
The role is suitable for a talented engineer from either a cyber security, software development or DevOps background. If you’re already have experience in all of these areas then great. If you’re not already a DevSecOps guru then don’t worry, we can provide training and support if you have the right mindset.
As a DevOps Security Engineer, you will:
- Provide expertise in the field of cyber security
- Help our teams to be aware of and to follow cyber security best practices
- Build monitoring and alerting capabilities
- Work on infrastructure and release related projects
- Automate cyber security related controls and actions
- Evaluate security related products and services
- Seek out and troubleshoot cyber security related incidents
- Look for ways to strengthen our cyber security posture
What success will look like in 1 year
- Highly automated cyber security monitoring and alerting in place
- High level of cyber security compliance based on certification and maturity models
Capabilities and Competencies
- Detail oriented
- Enjoys problem solving
- Has a passion for automation
- Loves trying and working with new technology
- Shows a desire to learn and self-improve
- Has an Agile approach to software delivery
- Enjoys working as part of a successful team
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Cloud Infrastructure and Security - Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform , Azure
- Infrastructure as code - Terraform, Ansible
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Logging and dashboarding - ELK and other tools.
- Continuous integration and static analysis - Azure Devops, Sonarqube and other static analysis tooling
- Programming - .NET, .NET core, python, nodejs
- Scripting Tools - Powershell, Bash
Join REED - Our Values, Your Values; Our Future, Your Future
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2018
- Glassdoor Top CEOs 2019
- The JobCrowd Top Companies For Graduates To Work For 2018/19
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. REED is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a MINDFUL EMPLOYER and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.