- Office Location: Dragon Court, 27-29 Macklin Street, London WC2B 5LX
- Office Name: Reed Online
- Sector: Agile Delivery
- Salary: £Neg - £Neg
- Job Type: Permanent
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 440089
Director of Delivery
Reed Online are looking for a Director of Delivery to join their established team based in Holborn, Central London.
The Director of Delivery will have responsibility to manage and drive forward the overall programme of work for Reed Online’s strategy implementation. A key aspect of this is driving and tracking progress of our strategic transformation programme, and coordinating efforts with workstream leads across the company to achieve our ambitions.
- Own the delivery plan for our major programmes and product streams with a focus on strategy implementation, organisation design, culture change and technology work.
- Identify, propose and implement process improvements across our portfolio of projects with an emphasis on lean, agile and user-centred ways of working, in particular: effective discovery phases; iterative and rapid delivery and continuous improvement.
- Refocus our culture into one of ‘Delivery of Outcomes’. Evaluate, simplify and accelerate our current project management and development practices.
- Financial forecasting, estimation and business case production in order to drive Senior Leadership Team (SLT) commitment to invest at appropriate levels to deliver the strategic vision.
- Serve as a liaison between staff and SLT regarding company Objective Key Result (OKR) programme updates, proposals, and planning.
- Oversee through collaboration with SLT the rollout of the company OKR process, handling inquiries and developing action plans to address them, collecting updates and assisting with the preparation and dissemination of communications
- Oversee through collaboration with SLT the planning and coordinating of key meetings, weekly SLT, Reed Online board meetings and making sure that the action items from the meeting are executed.
- Improve current processes and coordinate organisational procedures for optimised efficiency.
- Line management and mentoring of the internal Delivery Managers and Agile Leads.
- Selection, engagement and management of 3rd party development suppliers with a view to delivering outsourced work as required.
- Communication strategy which delivers high quality, informative, regular and above all consistent messaging surrounding Programme and Product Roadmap updates.
- Deliver real and lasting change across the company through implementation of new processes and ways of working.
- Drive visibility of company initiatives with costs, timelines and headcount requirements
- Contribute to the long range Product and Engineering roadmaps for the company.
- Identify, develop and create value adding opportunities to the businesses through collaboration, sharing of best practice and innovation.
Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience of working collaboratively with Product, Design and Engineering teams, demonstrating an exceptional history of achievements
- Experience in a consumer focused technology company
- Management experience with direct reports under your guidance and leadership
- Prior experience of managing complex change programmes
- Prior experience of rolling out a company wide OKR process
- Ability to develop and monitor programme schedules and timelines to identify and meet critical milestones, risks, mitigations and dependencies
- Adaptable and persuasive communication style and able to communicate effectively to multiple stakeholders
- Exceptional track record in managing multiple Agile teams and Delivery managers to drive value driven development across multiple cross-functional teams
- Experienced in scaling Agile, framework agnostic, knowing the capabilities and failures of scaled frameworks
Join Reed and help us achieve our purpose of improving lives through work.
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency – Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2020
- Glassdoor Top CEOs 2019
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Graduates to Work For 2021
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Apprentices to Work For 2021
Our Values, Your Values; Our Future, Your Future
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. Reed is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a MINDFUL EMPLOYER and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.