- Office Location: Dragon Court, 27-29 Macklin Street, Covent Garden London, WC2B 5LX
- Office Name: Reed Online, Dragon Court
- Sector: Product (Tech)
- Salary: £90000 - £120000
- Job Type: Permanent
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 429691
Head of Design
Reed Online are looking for a Head of Design to lead their expanding based in Holborn, Central London.
Here at reed.co.uk we believe the world should Love Mondays. This means connecting people with the right jobs and courses for them, and we’re leading the way. We’re looking for great people to help deliver these life-changing products… is that you?
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and motivated individual to head up our Design team and help move our product to the next level.
The Head of Design will be a major contributor to our overall Product Vision and Strategy, collaborating with multidisciplinary product teams to uncover and solve user problems, and inform the design and product direction and decisions across our B2B and B2C products.
We operate in an agile environment so we understand that ideas start small and need time to grow and develop, we create an environment that allows this to happen in an iterative way.
Responsibilities / what you’ll do
- As Head of Design at Reed Online, you will be part of the Technology Senior Leadership Team and work closely with cross-functional partners and executive leadership, establishing trust and building confidence
- You’ll be responsible for building, managing, mentoring and developing a team of highly talented designers
- Develop and own the strategic direction and future roadmap for our design system and methodology at Reed Online
- Be the custodian for our design system to ensure continuity of experience across all our products and services
- Be the ‘Champion’ of research led user-centric design within Reed Online and ensure visibility of its virtues, your department and design in general across the business
- You’ll be a major contributor to our overall Product Vision and Strategy, advocating for great User Experience grounded in user research and user testing
- Ensure the designs create a cohesive and coherent product experience, utilizing design patterns
- Drive design best practises and work with your team to help them develop their skills, behaviours and where necessary a training programme
- Define and maintain a talent plan for your department and conduct regular reviews
Your skills and qualifications
- 8+ years of hands-on experience designing in Design in the business context
- Proven track record of success in designing for responsive web and native apps with a portfolio to back it up
- Expertise in UI, User Research, UX, and accessibility standards.
- Experience in implementation and development of design practices and principles into a business.
- An expert in Atomic Design based Design System, component library construction, management and maintenance.
- A high level of experience in the principles of good SEO practice
- An expert in using qualitative and quantitative data to help quantify thinking
- Champions developing designs within WCAG AA accessibility standards
- An expert user of Sketch, Invision, Photoshop and Illustrator
- An expert influencer, team player and leader
- Experience collaborating with teams of designers, researchers, product managers, and engineers throughout the design process
- Excellent communication, facilitation, presentation, relationship-building, and analytical skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and relentless attention to detail
Join REED – Improving Lives Through Work
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency – Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2019 & 2020
- Glassdoor Top CEOs 2019
- The JobCrowd Top Companies For Graduates To Work For 2018/19
Our Values, Your Values; Our Future, Your Future
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. REED is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a MINDFUL EMPLOYER and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.