- Office Location: Dragon Court, 27-29 Macklin Street, Covent Garden London, WC2B 5LX
- Office Name: Reed Online, Dragon Court
- Sector: Software Engineering & Development
- Salary: £120000 - £135000
- Job Type: Permanent
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 434240
Head of Engineering
Reed Online are looking for a Head of Engineering to lead their established team based in Holborn, Central London (remote working until at least June).
reed.co.uk is the UK’s biggest source of unique job content and attracts millions of jobseekers everyday. It’s an exciting opportunity for an experienced and passionate engineering leader to join Reed Online as Head of Engineering. The successful candidate will lead multiple agile teams and work in collaboration with others to help drive our Tech transformation and deliver business value at high pace.
Coming from a software engineering background, you’re a strong technologist, bringing proven practical experience with microservices architecture, cloud native technologies and modern CI/CD approaches.
Being a great people leader, you are experienced with leading both individual contributors and engineering managers, know how to motivate and challenge engineers, ensure continuous learning and improvement, and drive autonomy and accountability within the teams.
Based in our London office (remote working until at least June), this hands-on management role is a perfect opportunity for a highly skilled Engineering leader passionate about driving the change and delivering tangible value.
- Work with senior leadership to co-own our tech strategy and its execution, identify and drive growth opportunities, educating and helping us deliver digital transformation.
- Drive design and implementation of modern, distributed systems and services, and replacing legacy, organically grown systems and tools.
- Lead a team of Frontend, Backend, Fullstack, Mobile and Quality engineers, driving excellence and innovation across the board.
- Drive excellence and growth of the engineering team.
Skills and Experience
- Strong communication and stakeholder management ability on all levels.
- Proven practical experience in design, development and optimisation of complex distributed systems applying microservice and event driven based architecture.
- While not expected to code as part of the role, you feel comfortable to participate in and lead architectural discussions, and get involved in every aspect of software development as needed.
- Proven experience of managing and scaling engineering teams working with cloud-native infrastructure and distributed systems
- Practical knowledge of AWS, GCP and Azure.
- Strong technical knowledge of SQL and No-SQL concepts and technologies.
- You leave DevOps mindset and have practical experience with modern CI/CD pipelines. Experience with Kubernetes is an advantage.
- Strong leadership capabilities.
- 5+ years of proven experience in senior leadership roles in the Software Engineering domain.
Join REED – Improving Lives Through Work
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency – Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2019 & 2020
- Glassdoor Top CEOs 2019
- The JobCrowd Top Companies For Graduates To Work For 2018/19
Our Values, Your Values; Our Future, Your Future
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. REED is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a MINDFUL EMPLOYER and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.