- Office Location: Dragon Court, 27-29 Macklin Street, Covent Garden London, WC2B 5LX
- Office Name: Reed Online, Dragon Court
- Sector: Product (Tech)
- Salary: £Neg - £Neg
- Job Type: Contract
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 425795
Head of Product
Reed Online are looking for a Head of Product to lead their jobseeker offering. This is a 14/15 month fixed term contract to cover a maternity leave.
Here at reed.co.uk, we believe the world should Love Mondays.
Finding the right job can be life-changing, and we’re looking for great people to help deliver, customer-centric, market-leading innovative product experiences. As the UK’s most recognisable recruitment brand, our Product Management team is working at scale to enhance recruitment for millions of job seekers.
The Head of Product for Jobseeker will be responsible for the future product direction of Reed Online’s Jobseeker offering, across the website and mobile app product suites, expanding the offering to better meet customer needs and drive business growth. Bringing their expertise in Product Management the Head of Product will be pivotal in shaping the Jobseeker offering and vision.
The role is also responsible for managing and leading the Product Management co-members within the Jobseeker channel to deliver against their strategy and roadmap, whilst creating a high-performance team.
What you’ll do
- Create, own and lead an ambitious vision and strategy for Reed Online’s Jobseeker website and mobile app products.
- You will be an ‘information broker’ with a deep and rich understanding of the product, market, competitors and customers (internal and external).
- Develop long term implementation strategies and value propositions that maximise opportunities to add value to the customer, the business and the performance of our Jobseeking products for sustainable commercial growth.
- Provide leadership, mentoring and coaching to Product Managers within the Jobseeker channel, develop knowledge and performance, guide on best practice, introducing new ways of working to increase effectiveness in relation to product management principles and agile ways of working.
- Be actively involved as a player-coach, leading a cross-functional team focused on evolving existing and discovering new products to improve jobseeker’s overall experience on Reed.
- Encourage and maintain a focus on continual learning to be effective now and in the future as well as giving clear, honest feedback and supporting Product Managers to succeed.
- Provide product leadership and direction to the business through communicating purpose and direction of our jobseeker products with clarity, integrity and enthusiasm.
- Work collaboratively, influence and negotiate, share information appropriately, and build supportive, trusting and professional relationships with your colleagues at REED.
- Plan and engage with the appropriate stakeholders at relevant stages across product planning, development and go live stages.
- Demonstrable leadership skills and experience of managing successful, high performing individuals.
- You have a proven track record of excellence in online or mobile product management, partnering with engineers and designers, and leading product prioritisation and delivery of user-facing functionality.
- You have shipped 2 or more complex and high impact products in a world-class product-led company, working with cross-functional teams.
- Proven track record of leading and owning the strategy to lead products successfully throughout lifecycle.
- Strong problem-solving skills and be an effective communicator.
- An excellent track record of successful digital product management across B2C products, driving customer satisfaction and large scale growth within an Agile environment.
- You have high attention to detail and won’t compromise on precise and effective user-centric design to solve customer problems.
- You are comfortable challenging (or being challenged) on a numerical basis to ensure all decisions grounded in data.
- You have a proven track record for leading through influence, guiding multiple teams with your product vision, and generating excitement for your work.
Join REED – Improving Lives Through Work
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency – Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2019 & 2020
- Glassdoor Top CEOs 2019
- The JobCrowd Top Companies For Graduates To Work For 2018/19
Our Values, Your Values; Our Future, Your Future
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. REED is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a MINDFUL EMPLOYER and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.