- Office Location: 900 Pavilion Drive, Northampton, NN4 7RG
- Office Name: Head Office - N900
- Sector: Central Support
- Salary: £24000 - £27000
- Job Type: Permanent
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 444512
Reed are looking for a HR Advisor to join their team based in Northampton, Brackmills (with travel to other Reed offices).
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to develop their career in HR. The role is a business-focused HR Advisor role working within a highly visible, HR team.
The successful candidate will have a variety of responsibilities, providing support, advice and guidance to management teams and employees on strategic projects and employee relations issues. This individual will also act as the communications coordinator for key internal communications and announcements.
This role would be well suited to a self-starting, energetic individual who has a passion for HR, enjoys working on a multitude of tasks and is comfortable communicating with people at all levels. Excellent communication and organisation skills are a must for the successful candidate.
- Acting as first HR point of contact for a highly operational and rapidly changing business area. Ensuring the management team are suitably equipped and supported in the management of employee relations casework and HR policies and procedures are adhered to in a fair and consistent manner.
- Working proactively with senior stakeholders to identify and action ways to continuously improve employee engagement and productivity.
- Building and maintaining effective relationships and work in conjunction with relevant teams, including other central support teams and senior stakeholders within the business.
- Being able to utilise and times run, business analysis reports enabling you to make recommendations for business improvements. This includes interpreting Management Information such as headcount, employee satisfaction survey data, diversity information, absence data and other relevant business critical data.
- Act as the internal communications champion for the business. Coordinating and managing a communications calendar to ensure messaging is consistent, joined up, organised and appropriate.
- Undertaking and assisting with strategic HR projects as required. This includes constructing and maintaining project plans, conducting research into best practice and providing project updates and reports as and when required.
- Data entry – keeping HR records up-to-date and ensure the electronic filing systems are well maintained.
- Any other HR administration duties as required.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties but gives an indication of the work that must be undertaken.
Skills and Experience
- Appropriate level of generalist HR experience gained within a fast moving environment
- Sound legislative knowledge
- Excellent planning, organisational and time-management skills
- Proven track record of achieving targets and goals, preferably including some project management experience
- Great analysis and problem-solving skills, with an ability to analyse and interpret complex data using Excel
- Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines, often at short notice, whilst being results-driven
- Ability to build successful relationships and be comfortable talking to stakeholders at all levels across the business, either face to face or on the phone.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle confidential information and maintaining the utmost integrity at all times
- Resilient with a strong proven work ethic
- Willingness to take ownership and tackle things head on
- Always willing to work as a team player
- Exceptional attention-to-detail
What we can offer you
- Dynamic Working, including core hours and location flexibility
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Flexible holiday scheme and moving home leave
- Financial benefits including pension and health cash plan subscription
- Enhanced family leave policies
- Insurance benefits including life assurance
- Professional qualification and membership support
- Discount scheme including gyms and popular retailers
- Range of wellbeing and mental health support avenues
- Newly refurbished office
Join Reed and help us achieve our purpose of improving lives through work.
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency – Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2020
- Glassdoor Top CEOs 2019
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Graduates to Work For 2021
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Apprentices to Work For 2021
Our Values, Your Values; Our Future, Your Future
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. Reed is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a MINDFUL EMPLOYER and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.