Machine Learning Engineer
reed.co.uk is looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to fill a high profile role within our data science team to help drive the development and competitive advantage of the UK's biggest job site.
As part of a team of data specialists you will develop innovative solutions that keep reed.co.uk at the forefront of a data-driven market. Your team will leverage sophisticated machine learning and big data technologies overcoming a variety of data and engineering challenges to allow customers to discover their perfect career.
In a team of data & software specialists,you will lead work on productionising the data science algorithms that keep reed.co.uk’s searching & matching technology at the forefront of the market. The team will leverage sophisticated machine learning and big data technologies to allow customers to discover their perfect career.
You will be using a variety of different tools,technologies and techniques such as AWS,Jupyter notebook and python to:
- Maintain our data science platform ensuring it remains cutting edge
- Productionise the data scientists machine learning models
- Maintain and manage data science release process
- Designing and developing machine learning algorithms
Working alongside engineers to help us build-out a core suite of data products and services based around improving the experience of job seekers looking for jobs and recruiters looking for candidates.
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will be a data evangelist,preferably with a background in computer science,with good knowledge of machine learning,data processing and modelling of large datasets to derive new insights; presenting insights back to stakeholders,or developing prototypes of tools or learning models.
This role will suit candidates from eclectic backgrounds as we are primarily seeking an analytical and inquisitive mind.
This role is an excellent opportunity for a candidate seeking the opportunity to drive themselves with their own enthusiasm for the subject matter.
- Strong programming skills
- Knowledge of Cloud Providers preferably AWS
- Demonstrable knowledge & experience of Java and Python
- Knowledge & experience of using design patterns
- Previous experience working in an agile environment (Preferably Scrum)
- Comfortable with Unit Testing
- Knowledge & experience of working with structured and unstructured databases (RDBMS and NOSQL)
- Familiarity with CI / CD
- Familiar with source control systems (Preferably Git)
Deep knowledge in one or more of the following technologies/areas would be beneficial:
- Machine Learning
- Predictive Analytics
- Information retrieval
- Natural language processing
- Text analytics
- Big data
- Knowledge of algorithms (e.g. sorting,searching,graph and traversal)
Join REED - Our Values,Your Values; Our Future,Your Future
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2018
- Glassdoor Top CEOs 2018
- The JobCrowd Top Companies For Graduates To Work For 2018/19
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. REED is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender,race,disability,sexual orientation,religion or belief,age,gender identity,marital or civil partnership status,pregnancy or maternity. We are a MINDFUL EMPLOYER and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.