- Office Location: Dragon Court, 27-29 Macklin Street, London WC2B 5LX
- Office Name: Reed Online
- Sector: Software Engineering
- Salary: £Neg - £Neg
- Job Type: Permanent
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 437073
Machine Learning Ops Engineer
Reed Online are looking for a MLOps Engineer to join their growing team in Holborn, Central London (remote working until June).
This candidate will lead work on productionising the data science algorithms that keep Reed Online’s searching & matching technology at the forefront of the market. The team will leverage sophisticated machine learning and big data technologies overcoming a variety of data and engineering challenges to allow customers to discover their perfect career.
Reed Online is looking for a Machine Learning Ops Engineer to fill a high profile role within our data science team to help drive the development and competitive advantage of the UK’s biggest job site.
In a team of data & machine learning specialists, you will lead work on productionising the data science algorithms that keep Reed Online’s searching & matching technology at the forefront of the market. The team will leverage sophisticated machine learning and big data technologies to allow customers to discover their perfect career.
You will be using a variety of different tools, technologies and techniques such as Kubernetes, CICD, Python and data science specific platforms like Kubeflow and Jupyter notebooks to:
- Maintain our data science platform and pipelines ensuring it remains cutting edge
- Productionise the data scientists machine learning models
- Build the APIs as well as stream producers and consumers to wrap around and serve the models built by the data scientists
- Maintain and manage the data science release process
Working alongside data scientists and other engineers, you will help us build out a core suite of data products and services based around improving the experience of job seekers looking for jobs and recruiters looking for candidates.
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have solid experience of infrastructure and cloud services as code and CICD processes, strong python skills sufficient to build flask or similar APIs that scale well and conform to wider engineering standards for security and logging. And preferably experience with big data platforms on the cloud.
This role is an excellent opportunity for a candidate seeking to extend their experience of DevOps and python engineering to the MLOps platforms and processes that have become critical to making the entire product landscape more intelligent.
- Strong cloud DevOps automation skills
- Strong python programming skills (sufficient to build APIs and streams that enrich requests to models, cache model outputs where required and serve ML model outputs, as well as to support cloud service automation)
- Good knowledge of GCP and/or AWS (at least one is necessary, both would be a big advantage)
- Comfortable with CI / CD
- Familiarity with containers and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with source control systems (Preferably Git)
- Previous experience working in an agile environment (Preferably Scrum)
- Knowledge & experience of working with structured and unstructured databases (RDBMS and NOSQL)
Knowledge in one or more of the following technologies/areas would be beneficial:
- Cloud big data platforms
- Machine Learning
- Natural language processing
- Knowledge of algorithms (e.g. sorting, searching, graph and traversal)
Join Reed and help us achieve our purpose of improving lives through work.
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency – Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2020
- Glassdoor Top CEOs 2019
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Graduates to Work For 2021
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Apprentices to Work For 2021
Our Values, Your Values; Our Future, Your Future
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. Reed is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a MINDFUL EMPLOYER and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.