- Office Location: 4th Floor, The Exchange, 3 New York Street, Manchester, M1 4HN
- Office Name: Screening and Compliance - Deansgate
- Sector: Screening & Compliance
- Salary: £37000 - £42000
- Job Type: Permanent
- Role Type: Part-time
- Job Ref: 409037
Occupational Health Manager
Occupational Health Manager, £37,000 – £42,000 Pro Rata (negotiable DOE), Central Manchester, Permanent, Part Time (2 or 3 days/week)
Join one of the UK’s largest pre-employment screening businesses in our central Manchester office. We’re looking for a qualified Occupational Health Manager to join this integral part of our business. This is a great opportunity for someone with a registered nurse background to join REED in a significant and influential role.
So what does this role involve?
The role of an Occupational Health Manager is to ensure REED’s compliance with current requirements for all areas of occupational health. The post-holder will need to be able to work autonomously and be confident in making important decisions. Day to day the role includes (but is not limited to):
- Assessing candidates’ fitness to work through health screening, including making outbound calls to obtain relevant information
- Communicating feedback and advice to Co-Members in a confidential and supportive manner
- Providing advice and support following reported accidents, using the RIDDOR framework
- Understanding and advising on current regulations around occupational health
- Advising on requirements for SEQOSH approved status as an NHS supplier
Why join REED?
- Paid sabbaticals for continuous service
- Work regular office hours
- Health Cash Plan helps Co-Members pay for everyday healthcare appointments
- Personal Development Fund to put towards a course of your choice
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and the opportunity to buy 5 additional days per year
What kind of people do we look for?
Our purpose at REED is improving lives through work and we want everyone joining the family to feel part of that. Therefore, alongside any specified technical skills for individual vacancies, we want people who are motivated to deliver the best service to our clients, customers and Co-Members and to help the world Love Mondays.
This post-holder will need to be a registered nurse with an Occupational Health degree. Due to the nature of this role candidates must be able to communicate effectively to build trust and co-operation with Co-Members at all levels. Previous experience of working autonomously and within a SEQOSH accredited organisation is desirable.
The assessment process for this role includes a telephone interview and a face to face interview, which will involve a presentation.
Join REED – Improving Lives Through Work
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency – Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2019 & 2020
- Glassdoor Top CEOs 2019
- The JobCrowd Top Companies For Graduates To Work For 2018/19
Our Values, Your Values; Our Future, Your Future
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. REED is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a MINDFUL EMPLOYER and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.