- Office Location: 900 Pavilion Drive, Northampton, NN4 7RG
- Office Name: Head Office - N900
- Sector: Central Support
- Salary: £Neg - £Neg
- Job Type: Permanent
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 444298
Property Business Partner
Reed are looking for a Property Business Partner to join their expanding team based in Northampton.
The Property Business Partner serves as a “trusted advisor” to senior/exec levels in Reed Specialist Recruitment (RSR) consulting on key Property initiatives and decisions and ensuring alignment with RSR Property strategy.
Location: Northampton with regular travel throughout the UK
Reporting to: Head of Group Property
Working to mutually agreed objectives, the PBP will help RSR articulate their Property initiatives and understand Property “pain points”, requirements and expectations as well as analysing success of strategic decisions.
The PBP will live and breathe RSR Property and work to ensure that Group Property provide the best possible service to Reed Specialist Recruitment.
- Act as a liaison between Property and key RSR functions at all levels e.g. Operations, HR, Tax, Finance to ensure collaboration and communication on all property-related matters throughout the business
- Organise, prepare for and input into Property Review Team meetings with Property, Finance and HR to ensure timely decisions are made in relation to upcoming lease events for all RSR properties
- Supporting the collation and analysis of business property requirements and feed back as appropriate to relevant teams and individuals
- Visiting target towns and cities to inspect and evaluate available properties in each area/location and reporting back to Head of Property and Property Review Team. Making recommendations to relevant parties based on location, condition, cost etc.
- Input into impact analyses and cost forecasts to ensure the full cost of Property solutions are understood upfront, and that they are adequately funded (and resourced) during both implementation and in-life operation.
- Undertaking inspection of properties to recommend necessary refurbishment works
- Identify, recommend and progress business cases for property-related relocations, refurbishments, small works
- Question and identify money-saving opportunities for RSR, progressing suggestions and preparing business cases as necessary e.g. subletting opportunities
- Consider inclusion and diversity related property initiatives that could improve the working experience for Co-Members.
- Consider sustainability related property initiatives that could improve the working experience for Co-Members and the sustainability of the RSR property portfolio.
- Working with Chairman’s office and other teams to report on annual environmental accreditations and other accreditations
- Lead on searches for and selection of suitable partners to support Property in the above initiatives
- Working with Tax team to ensure Reed get the benefit of all tax exemptions possible
- Providing necessary information on RSR properties to Insurance team to ensure appropriate insurance is in place
- Manage records of RSR service charge expenditure, analysing reconciliation expenditure, liaising with Landlords and Management teams and contesting spend where necessary
- Act as primary point of contact for RSR into Property to create consensus with other functions as to the timing of Property acquisitions and disposals and keep key stakeholders informed
- Monitor and report on success of key strategic property changes e.g. relocation
- Monitor, analyse and report on RSR property spend e.g. fit-out costs over time, overall property spend over time
- To perform any other duties which may be required in the interest of the department, including assisting the helpdesk with reactive maintenance tasks when required.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties but gives an indication of the work that must be undertaken.
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge and experience of working in commercial or residential property
- Strong commercial instinct
- Proactive nature, always questioning and seeking positive change
- Confidence to liaise professionally at all levels, both internally and externally
- A creative and determined problem solver with excellent attention to detail
- Strong numeric and analytical skills with the ability to recognise the financial impact of decisions and able to break down and communicate business requirements.
- Strong ability to prioritise in a busy, fast-paced environment
- An excellent and persuasive communicator at all levels
- High level of drive and determination to succeed
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- A common sense “can do” attitude
- Flexibility to travel
- Ability to work effectively and flexibly as part of a small team
Join REED – Improving Lives Through Work
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency – Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2019 & 2020
- Glassdoor Top CEOs 2019
- The JobCrowd Top Companies For Graduates To Work For 2018/19
Our Values, Your Values; Our Future, Your Future
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. REED is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a MINDFUL EMPLOYER and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.