- Office Location: 2nd Floor, Charles House, 61-69 Derngate, Northampton NN1 1UE
- Office Name:
- Sector: Screening & Compliance
- Salary: £40000 - £45000
- Job Type: Permanent
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 435075
Risk & Corporate Governance Manager
Reed are looking for a Risk & Corporate Governance Manager to join their team based in Northampton/UK (remote working until at least March and there is some flexibility on the base location after this).
To support the Director of Group Risk & Screening in ensuring the development and strengthening of the Group’s corporate governance and risk culture, working together with senior leadership across the group. The role will ensure REED Group’s corporate governance agenda is strengthened, delivered, and kept up to date to ensure compliance with external requirements. It is expected that this role will build upon the existing risk management framework, establishing and reporting regularly against a range of risk indicators, with the objective of reducing risk and evidencing compliance throughout the organisation. The purpose is to provide an efficient and accurate corporate governance and risk function to ensure that Co-Members and Suppliers are adhering to policies, procedures, minimising and mitigating risk across REED Group.
- Develop the corporate governance agenda and ensure this is embedded across REED Group and subsidiary companies
- Develop and keep under review a rolling programme of work for the Reed Global Audit & Risk Committee
- Ensure external governance and compliance requirements are met including but not limited to SECR, Wates Principles, and Modern Slavery reporting
- Building a group view of risk through layering company-specific risks on top of overall strategic risks
- Set in place a culture of continuous development of risk policies and systems so as to improve effectiveness, reporting accuracy and timeliness – including risk tools, templates and processes
- Management of any group risks that are not present within individual operating companies
- Support and drive the development of an effective Internal Audit programme
- Work with subsidiary companies to ensure GDPR, health & safety, and other regulatory and statutory requirements are met
- Maintain a Reed Global Risk Register and Issues Log to track risks, complaints and internal investigations.
- Keep under review the changing demands of external requirements
The above is not an exhaustive list.
Senior Leadership Teams across all subsidiary companies. Management at various levels across all business units, the group Legal function and other functional owners, Reed Screening, IT, HR, CAT, L&D, and clients to ensure a consistent and transparent approach is adopted across the group.
Key Performance Indicators
- Develop and manage a thorough risk management framework across the group
- Identify and mitigate risks inherent in the business
- Liaise, define, and agree plans and strategies with stakeholders to ensure risk mitigation actions are implemented
- Ensure all corporate governance requirements are met across the Group
- Effectively protect REED from undue risk and help ensure external accreditations, audits, and frameworks are adhered to
Educated to a minimum degree standard
- Relevant experience in risk management
- Experience of financial audit
- A good knowledge of the sectors we work in, understand business partnering, demonstrate a track record of management in compliance in similar environments and a comprehensive understanding of risk types and how they impact a business
- Good understanding of industry best practice in terms of methods and tools with demonstrable experience of successful partnering with the business, reducing risk, improving compliance and improving awareness
A knowledge of the different risk methodologies, systems and risk management
Join REED – Improving Lives Through Work
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency – Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2019 & 2020
- Glassdoor Top CEOs 2019
- The JobCrowd Top Companies For Graduates To Work For 2018/19
Our Values, Your Values; Our Future, Your Future
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. REED is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a MINDFUL EMPLOYER and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.