Job Title: Search Developer
Reporting to: Development Team Lead
Direct Reports: N/A
Location: WC2B 5LX,Dragon Court,London
Talented and ambitious C# Developer with a real passion for new technologies. Working alongside our extremely knowledge and talented in-house development team you’ll use some of the latest tech available like AWS,ASP.Net Core,C# 6 and SQL Server. As we increasingly move towards containers and services,you’ll also have the opportunity to work with Docker and cloud technologies. You will have a focus on ElasticSearch and will be an excellent communicator with the ability to deliver effective search solutions using Elasticsearch.
What success will look like in 1 year
- Customers will find more relevant jobs or candidates faster than ever before.
- We will have a high quality,maintainable search platform which takes advantage of the latest in technology.
- Be involved in the full development lifecycle from inception through implementation,continuous enhancement and eventually decommissioning,when required
- Apply software design principles,including coupling/cohesion,decomposition/modularity,encapsulation/information hiding,and separation of interface and implementation,and instill these practices in all work performed by the team
- Improve the software development process,methodologies and tools through applied experience,automation and simplification – deliver better software,faster and cheaper.
- Develop scalable,clean,enterprise systems in C# .NET using SOLID principles
- Improve and maintain our codebase enabling continuous evolution and innovation through discovery of pain points,research into solutions,implementation of proof of concepts and ensuring the adoption of these
- Work alongside our data science,architect and product teams
- Write and build valuable documentation and acting as an exemplar of best practice
Key Measures and Targets
- Product effectiveness in delivering against key performance indicators
- Customer value - % roles filled,% of jobs found,NPS
- Test coverage and technical debt measures
- On-time delivery against the product roadmap (# of commitments met)
- Objectives met & performance
Capabilities and Competencies
- Knowledge of Elasticsearch,C#,ASP.NET MVC,HTML5/CSS and T-SQL,ORM (Preferably nHibernate),source control (Preferably Git)
- Expert knowledge of software architecture,design patterns and standards.
- In depth knowledge of agile as well as scrum roles and methodology.
- Unit Testing (TDD,BDD etc)
- Understand different caching strategies
- Understand Inversion of control and how to use dependency injection
- Experience of experiment design and multivariate testing
- Exposure to machine learning algorithms and concepts and data science
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- JQuery,KnockoutJS,React,exposure to cloud services (e.g. Amazon AWS or Windows Azure)
Join REED - Our Values,Your Values; Our Future,Your Future
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2018
- Glassdoor Top CEOs 2019
- The JobCrowd Top Companies For Graduates To Work For 2018/19
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. REED is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender,race,disability,sexual orientation,religion or belief,age,gender identity,marital or civil partnership status,pregnancy or maternity. We are a MINDFUL EMPLOYER and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.