- Office Location: Dragon Court, 27-29 Macklin Street, London WC2B 5LX
- Office Name: Reed Online
- Sector: Software Engineering
- Salary: £65000 - £75000
- Job Type: Permanent
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 443832
Senior iOS Developer
Reed Online are looking for a Senior iOS Developer to join their expanding team based in Holborn, Central London (work from home 3 days a week).
As a member of the mobile development team, you will have the opportunity to be involved in the full development lifecycle, from design through to implementation, and is an ideal opportunity to learn and use a wide range of cutting-edge technologies in an agile environment. You will be responsible for the development of new features for our mobile app on iOS platform – making sure that you deliver high quality code that will function across different devices.
- Be involved in the full development lifecycle from inception through to implementation
- Develop applications using Swift
- Improve and maintain our codebase
- Work alongside our design, architect and product teams
- Adapt to working in an agile environment
- Work on a variety of features that will be used by millions of users per month
- Get exposed to new technologies and improve your mobile development skills
- Deliver high quality code
- Able to identify and implement opportunities to optimise processes
- Creates software that is robust in presence of failure; it’s scalable and cost effective
- Demonstrates exemplary coding practices: code organisation, clarity, simplicity, error handling and documentation
- Is able to define, analyse, plan, measure, maintain and improve aspects of mobile app’s availability
- Able to design, review and quality assure mobile apps with security controls embedded, specifically engineered as mitigation against security threats.
- Delivers artifacts that meet standards for engineering excellence from designs to algorithms to implementations.
- Four to five years experience with Swift development
- Working with APIs
- Experience with source control like (Git, TFVC etc.)
- Unit testing (TDD, BDD)
- App Automation (Jenkins or Azure DevOps, Fastlane)
- Comfortable with Object-C programming language
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Expertise with Apple’s Frameworks: Core Data, Core Bluetooth, Core Location, Core Bluetooth, Core Location
- Experience with testing tools: Appium, Xcode, Calabash etc.
- Experience with Docker containerisation
What we can offer you
- Dynamic Working, including core hours and location flexibility
- 10& personal development time
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Flexible holiday scheme and moving home leave
- Financial benefits including pension and health cash plan subscription
- Enhanced family leave policies
- Insurance benefits including life assurance
- Regular hack days with rewards for prize winners Love Mondays events
- Discount scheme including gyms and popular retailers
- Range of wellbeing and mental health support avenues
- Newly refurbished office in an amazing location, with countless bars, restaurants and theatres right on the doorstep
These are just some of the great benefits we offer everyone working at reed.co.uk!
Join REED – Improving Lives Through Work
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency – Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2019 & 2020
- Glassdoor Top CEOs 2019
- The JobCrowd Top Companies For Graduates To Work For 2018/19
Our Values, Your Values; Our Future, Your Future
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. REED is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a MINDFUL EMPLOYER and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.