- Office Location: Dragon Court, 27-29 Macklin Street, Covent Garden London, WC2B 5LX
- Office Name: Reed Online, Dragon Court
- Sector: Software Engineering & Development
- Salary: £65000 - £75000
- Job Type: Permanent
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 429455
Senior Mobile Developer
Reed Online are looking for a Senior Mobile Developer to join their expanding team based in Holborn, Central London.
As a member of the mobile development team, you will have the opportunity to be involved in the full development lifecycle, from design through to implementation, and is an ideal opportunity to learn and use a wide range of cutting-edge technologies in an agile environment. You will be responsible for the development of new features for our mobile app on android platform – making sure that you deliver high quality code that will function across different devices.
What success will look like in 1 year
- Customers find better jobs easily and with less friction.
- We will have a high quality, maintainable app which takes advantage of the latest in technology.
- Be involved in the full development lifecycle from inception through to implementation
- Develop applications using Kotlin
- Improve and maintain our codebase
- Work alongside our design, architect and product teams
- Adapt to working in an agile environment
- Work on a variety of features that will be used by millions of users per month
- Get exposed to new technologies and improve your mobile development skills
- Deliver high quality code, targeting a variety of devices
Key Measures and Targets
- Product effectiveness in delivering against key performance indicators
- Customer value – % roles filled, % of jobs found, NPS
- Test coverage and technical debt measures
- On-time delivery against the product roadmap (# of commitments met)
- Objectives met & performance
Capabilities and Competencies
- Motivated by innovation in technology
- Driven to self-develop
- Enjoys problem solving
- A great communicator
- Has an Agile approach to software delivery
- Enjoys working as part of a successful team
- Able to identify and implement opportunities to optimise processes
- Creates software that is robust in presence of failure; it’s scalable and cost effective
- Demonstrates exemplary coding practices: code organisation, clarity, simplicity, error handling and documentation
- Is able to define, analyse, plan, measure, maintain and improve aspects of the availability of mobile app
- Able to design, review and quality assure mobile apps with security controls embedded, specifically engineered as mitigation against security threats.
- Delivers artifacts that meet standards for engineering excellence from designs to algorithms to implementations.
- Four to five years experience with Kotlin development
- Working with APIs
- Experience with source control like (Git, TFVC etc.)
- Unit testing (TDD, BDD)
- App Automation (Jenkins or Azure DevOps, Fastlane)
- Comfortable with Java programming language
- Experience with Android SDK and android Architecture patterns
- Expertise on Android basic components: Activity, Fragment, Intent, Service, BroadcastReceiver, ContentProvider etc.
- Experience with testing tools: Espresso, Mockito, Robolectric etc.
- Experience with build tools Gradle, Maven
- Experience with Docker containerisation
Join REED – Improving Lives Through Work
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency – Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2019 & 2020
- Glassdoor Top CEOs 2019
- The JobCrowd Top Companies For Graduates To Work For 2018/19
Our Values, Your Values; Our Future, Your Future
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. REED is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a MINDFUL EMPLOYER and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.