- Office Location: Dragon Court, 27-29 Macklin Street, Covent Garden London, WC2B 5LX
- Office Name: Reed Online, Dragon Court
- Sector: Product (Tech)
- Salary: £45000 - £60000
- Job Type: Permanent
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 397455
Senior Product Designer
Reed Online are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join their team based in Holborn, London.
Job Title: Senior Digital Product Designer
Reporting to: Creative Director
Direct Reports: N/A
Location: Dragon Court
Here at reed.co.uk we believe the world should Love Mondays. This means connecting people with the right jobs and courses for them. Finding the right job can be life changing and we’re looking for great people to help deliver these life-changing products.
Design is imperative to what we do. Every interaction and experience matters. Recently we have seen an exciting change that has enabled us to grow our design capabilities further. We’re searching for a Senior Digital Designer to be part of our growing design team and help move our product to the next level.
Working in close collaboration with the Creative Director, the successful team member will have a passion for collaborating with multidisciplinary product teams. Uncovering and solving user problems across our digital product portfolio.
They must have a passion for end to end digital design, including UX, interaction and UI. As well digital trends and emerging technologies.
You must also have experience crafting and maintaining digital design systems, using atomic design principles and digital design processes and operations.
We operate in an Agile environment so we understand that ideas start small and need time to grow and develop, we create an environment that allows this to happen in an iterative way.
Our senior level designers are also required to mentor and guide our junior level resources and ensure that we grow together.
What you’ll do
- You will work within a centralised design team that will work closely with the product and development teams to build end to end digital experiences.
- Create user experiencers and interfaces that flow seamlessly from mobile, tablet (both orientations!) and desktop devices.
- You will take a user-centred approach to problem solving, fully understanding the problem and putting the user at the forefront of your thinking.
- Craft user journeys and prototypes with the use of data.
- Happy to articulate your ideas through low fidelity sketches before turning them into responsive designs and prototypes.
- Run review sessions and prioritise feedback.
- Work with the team on content and ensuring it follows a hierarchical structure.
- Work in an Agile manner and to sprints, this way we can test, learn and improve.
- 5+ years experience designing digital experiences, including responsive web.
- Experience conducting moderated usability testing.
- Proficient with Sketch, Adobe CC, Invision, Axure and Zeplin. As well as a willingness to adopt new software and offer recommendations.
- Understand the principles of good SEO practice.
- Ability to work with data and help order into a meaningful structure for users.
- Understand the principles of User-Centred Design.
- Have prior experience of working with Atomic Design and using a centralised component library.
- Understand the importance of interaction design to create fluid and engaging experiences.
- Working within teams and squads, with strong team values and cross collaboration.
- Generous with knowledge.
- Embrace change, trend and emerging design and technologies.
- Passionate about helping users reach their goals.
- Act as a facilitator; ideas can come from various parts of the business and we expect you to run workshops and explore.
- Confident building and running and workshops across the various phases of delivery; from discovery to execution.
- Assist in the governance of our design systems and design ops.
- Appreciates the value of advice and feedback from co-members and willingly shares feedback and ideas with others.
- You can communicate your ideas across various stakeholders and back up your thinking with qualitative and quantitative data.
- Mentor and guide Junior design team members.
- You are always wanting to learn.
- You are passionate about design.
Join REED – Our Values, Your Values; Our Future, Your Future
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2018
- Glassdoor Top CEOs 2019
- The JobCrowd Top Companies For Graduates To Work For 2018/19
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. REED is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a MINDFUL EMPLOYER and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.