Senior User Researcher
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Senior User Researcher to take on an integral role within our Product Management team to help us shape and develop our future products. Your overall purpose will be to conduct qualitative user research,analyse real user behaviour and identify key opportunities for reed.co.uk to evolve the customer experience for both our jobseekers and recruiters.
If you’re ready to immerse yourself in a market-leading product and become part of a fun and lively team,then this role is for you. We operate in an agile environment so we understand that ideas start small and need time to grow and develop. We create an environment that allows this to happen in an iterative way.
The successful candidate will have a passion for the customer,and for collaborating with multidisciplinary product teams to uncover and solve user problems across our B2B and B2C products.
Reporting into our Lead Product Manager,you will work within an established Product team alongside Product Owners,Analysts,Data Scientists,UX and Engineers.
- Line management of one user researcher team member.
- Work closely with Product,Commercial and Marketing teams to define and prioritise impactful research
- You will often be working on new initiatives to validate market fit or refine our understanding of customer needs
- Plan and conduct user research using appropriate methods to understand behaviours and attitudes,such as user testing,interviews and surveys,card sorting,benchmarking,remote testing,heuristic evaluations
- Share insights from research by writing reports and presentations to communicate results to the team and the business
- Work with our business analysts to understand the value of insights and recommend future research projects
- Evangelise the value of user testing and encourage hands-on engagement from colleagues by promoting user research methods and resources
- Ensure customer needs are well understood and represented across the business
Skills and Experience
- Strong ability to evaluate insight and convey learnings through storytelling,presentations and personas
- Deep understanding and experience applying qualitative and user-centered design methods such as concept and prototype testing,usability testing and surveys
- Confident and persuasive oral and written communication skills working with both qualitative and quantitative data
- Ability to work with others in a consultative capacity,including excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to forge strong working relationships
- Experience with a digital product-based company desirable as is an understanding of Agile and Lean product development processes
- Has a real passion for technology,innovation and a keen interest in our recruitment products!
Highly desirable,but not essential
- Experience with web analytics and behavioural data analysis.
- Experience creating designs,prototypes to facilitate/communicate research findings,writing and evangelizing research.
- Studied cognitive psychology,cognitive science,anthropology or a related field.
Key Measures and Targets
- Enables product decisions through customer insight
- OKRs achieved against plan
- Objectives met & performance rating
Join REED - Our Values,Your Values; Our Future,Your Future
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2018
- Glassdoor Top CEOs 2019
- The JobCrowd Top Companies For Graduates To Work For 2018/19
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. REED is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender,race,disability,sexual orientation,religion or belief,age,gender identity,marital or civil partnership status,pregnancy or maternity. We are a MINDFUL EMPLOYER and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.