Software Development Engineer in Test
Job Title: Software Development Engineer in Test
Reporting to: Quality Engineering Manager
Eligibility: You must already be eligible to work in the UK
We're looking for a talented,enthusiastic and motivated Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to join a team highly skilled quality Analysts,Engineers and SDETs. Successful candidates will have a passion for software engineering,digital products and want to be part of a team that builds services and tests for products which our customers love.
- Identifying risk areas and/or gathering requirements. Designing and creating solutions with measurable impact
- Building standalone services that provide capability to automation frameworks such as a test data generation service
- Building automated test approaches for single page applications written with React JS
- Defining and building an automated test architecture that supports a service based application architecture
- Measuring and improving the effectiveness of functional and non-functional checks
- Building automated solutions that test the quality,and accuracy of search algorithms
- Building tools that visualise the quality of our systems
- Mentoring and sharing the tools and frameworks you create with the wider development and quality engineering community
Skills and Experience
- A degree in computer science or similar
- 3+ years experience as an SDET or similar role
- Great people skills when working with developers,quality engineers,managers and non-technical people
- Knowledge of Quality Engineering/Assurance and applying this to websites,mobile applications and back-end services
- Experience of building and hosting frameworks,tools and services from scratch
- Experience of one or more object oriented programming language
- Experience of one or more scripted programming language
- Experience of implementing multiple software engineering design patterns
- Experience of using Git to version control code
- Experience of continuous integration,delivery & testing
- Experience of using database technologies for querying data
- Knowledge of basic cloud computing architecture and services offered by cloud computing providers
- Experience of implementing non-functional test techniques
- Nice to have: Experience of automated data generation for the purposes of automated testing
- Nice to have: Any work in serverless or artificial intelligence including ML & NLP
What you’ll do
You’ll face highly challenging testing problems that solve real-world needs to deliver demonstrable value using the latest technology! You’ll work in a talented and passionate team in a friendly and informal environment. You’ll spend most of your day writing code or building services to test software applications whilst demoing and teaching others.
- Fantastic development opportunities with a structured career path and tailored talent plans
- Up to 30 days Annual Leave excluding Bank Holidays
- Love Mondays campaign – pizza Mondays,massages,yoga etc.
- Ongoing social events throughout the year
- 10 % Personal development time
- *Other benefits include childcare vouchers,company pension scheme,personal accident cover,personal development allowance and free eye tests.
The role is right if you want to work hard and develop your career in a rewarding,challenging,fun environment. This role isn’t right for you if you want to work in a ‘boiler room’,don’t want to move your career forward.
Join REED - Our Values,Your Values; Our Future,Your Future
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2018
- Glassdoor Top CEOs 2018
- The JobCrowd Top Companies For Graduates To Work For 2018/19
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. REED is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender,race,disability,sexual orientation,religion or belief,age,gender identity,marital or civil partnership status,pregnancy or maternity. We are a MINDFUL EMPLOYER and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.