- Office Location: 120 Coombe Lane Raynes Park London, SW20 0BA
- Office Name: Head Office - California
- Sector: IT Infrastructure
- Salary: £Neg - £Neg
- Job Type: Permanent
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 412092
Unified Communications Product Owner
Reed Specialist Recruitment are looking for a Unified Communications Product Owner to join their team based in Raynes Park, South West London.
The Unified Communications Product Owner will be an expert in the management, administration and architecture of Exchange Online services, Azure Active Directory and Teams and will ensure that the configuration, maintenance and integration of these services fall in-line with industry best practice and Microsoft guidance. The UC Product Owner will ensure that REED Co-Members are able to communicate with their teams, clients, candidates and partners effectively, securely and in compliance with REED standards. They will provide expert advice and guidance to the Digital Workplace management team to help make informed decisions on service delivery, continuous improvement and the overarching success of the Digital Workplace. They will provide leadership and mentorship to technical consultants in the team and architectural guidance in the form of proactive consulting for value-add business solutions.
- Reporting into the Head of Digital Workplace, the Unified Communications Product Owner will be responsible for Exchange Online, Teams (Conferencing) and Azure Active Directory within Reed’s Digital Workplace.
- Reed’s Digital Workplace is built around an evergreen service model driven by continuous improvement. The Digital Workplace is not just about modernising technology, it’s about driving behavioural change that will enable Co-Members to adopt new tools and embrace smarter ways of working. The Digital Workplace aims to drive measurable performance increase across our Business.
- Take ownership of the respective service area, which includes overseeing the design, management and continued operation of the relevant technical solutions supporting it
- Be the subject matter expert for their service area, providing technical guidance to Consultants at various other levels in respect to the management of the service
- As a Product Owner, the candidate is expected to have a solid grasp of non-technical consultancy skills, as a key element to the role is to understand business requirements and needs, translating these into technical solutions which ensure the service area continues to enable the business to achieve its targets and objectives
- The ability to summarise and present technical solutions and capabilities to less-technical, business stakeholders is also vital to this role
- To be focused on delivering the best experience possible, from the provision of new features to the resolution of incidents
- To contribute to a culture of continuous improvement within the Digital Workplace team, championing and communicating out a continuously evolving approach to the future of work and ever greater adoption of the technology services we offer the operational business community
- Support the evolution of new ways of working across the business, aimed at maximising productivity through mobilisation, collaboration, removal of friction, continuous introduction of productivity and efficiency gaining tools/techniques, shaping the future of work across REED
- To act as a visible and proactive ‘training’ partner, ensuring new ways of working are identified, championed and taught throughout the business to maximise communication, collaboration and productivity
- To constantly innovate and proactively identify new or unused features or technologies available to us and shape how they might be used to deliver maximum benefit to REED
- To maximise the return on investment REED has made in Digital Workplace services and ensure productivity benefits are taken full advantage of
- All REED companies using the Microsoft-based Digital Workplace services
- (Reed Specialist Recruitment, Reed in Partnership, Reed Business School, Reed Foundation and associated charities, other smaller Reed companies such as Juxon, related companies such as Watson Martin)
- Reed Online and Reed Professional Services are currently not in scope
- The existing IT infrastructure (networks, servers, data centres) are not in scope of this role
- Provide ownership and final technical escalation point for the respective service area
- Subject matter expert for the technical solutions within the service area
- Risk and impact assessment for changes within the service area
- Creation of High Level and Low Design documentation, as well as creation and maintenance of Test Scripts
- Mentoring to other technical resources within the service area
- Technical implementation of complex changes, including new implementations, upgrades, maintenance, etc.
- Working with other members of the team to effectively scope, forecast, plan, implement, test, transition and operate technical project work which includes or impacts the respective service area
Skills and Experience
- Microsoft 365 and Azure AD administration
- Exchange Online Administration – including crossover with Azure Information Protection, Data Leakage Policies (DLP), etc.
- Teams Administration and Skype for Business
- Office365 Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) and Security and Compliance Centre
- Excellent communicator at all levels, across both IT and Business stakeholders and teams
- Good grasp of IT Service Management and IT Operational Frameworks (e.g. ITIL)
- Providing training and business communications to drive change
- Wider Digital Workplace team
- Across each Business: sales & operations, HR, finance/MI
- 3rd Party Suppliers: Microsoft, various hardware/software suppliers, various professional services organisations
Join REED – Improving Lives Through Work
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency – Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2019 & 2020
- Glassdoor Top CEOs 2019
- The JobCrowd Top Companies For Graduates To Work For 2018/19
Our Values, Your Values; Our Future, Your Future
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. REED is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a MINDFUL EMPLOYER and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.