Reed Talent Solutions is a division of Reed Specialist Recruitment that offers a range of services to our clients from attraction and selection, through to complex consultancy programmes.
The mission of Reed Talent Solutions is clear: to deliver agile, scalable and efficient solutions that complement our clients’ talent strategies. We champion a culture of continuous improvement and innovation which benefits our people and our clients.
Joining Reed Talent Solutions gives you the opportunity to develop your professional recruitment skills and be a true working partner with some of the UK’s biggest organisations that we work with across the UK.
We are always looking for talent to join our team so whether you are new to recruitment or have skills to bring from elsewhere, take a look at our current vacancies below. If you are looking for Talent Solutions roles at our Northampton head office then go to our Shared Service Centre page.
Reed Talent Solutions are growing year on year, with exciting new contracts being won all the time.
We are always interested in hearing from best in class talent at all levels, to grow our business. From working within a team to support the resourcing of a contract, to planning for a new client relationship, or managing the growth of a new contract win, to being on the front line selling our solutions, we would be delighted to hear from you.
Click below for more information, including testimonials from some of our Co-Members and some of the rewards and benefits you could receive.
Want to browse more vacancies? Follow the link below to view all of our jobs or go to our Contact page to get in touch with us directly about our 12 week internship opportunities.
Lee Gudgeon, Managing Director
We support our clients’ talent strategy with agile, efficient and scalable solutions using the best of what people and technology can offer.
As a culture, RTS is a place of work where we expect and reward, high performance, team work and continuous improvement. In order to ensure your success at REED our training programmes have been specifically designed to enable you to identify and reach your full potential in any role you may undertake within our Business. We are 100% committed to supporting your development throughout your career with REED.
New to recruitment, or looking to progress from agency recruitment to resource delivery?
Click here to find out more about our Shared Service Centre in Northampton and our current vacancies….
Talent Acquisition Business Partner
Find Your Job
The Reed Shared Service Centre (SSC) in Northampton is responsible for the delivery of various RPO and MSP functions,ensuring that service delivery excellence is delivered and maintained to our existing client base and any new clients.
The purpose of the Management Information Analyst is to provide analytical support and key business insights to the Operations Support Manager whilst working in partnership with the SSC Senior Management Team to identify and develop improvements within the existing business. Reporting directly to the SSC Operations Support Manager,the position will be responsible for delivering service excellence to both internal and external stakeholders with an increasing focus on the implementation of new technologies,reporting and operational efficiency.
This will entail understanding the commercial nature of the 3 key businesses within the Shared Service Centre,preparing account reports and highlighting potential areas of improvement right through to implementation.
As part of the RTS 20/20 vision to improve technologies across the business,the MI Analyst will play a key role in the scoping/implementation of new systems and technologies as well as the development of new reporting tools that may be required as a result.
This role is very dynamic and as such,ad-hoc project work will be required as demanded by the changing needs of the business.
- Monitor account specific KPI’s to ensure targets are hit at the end of each period (Fill Rates,Income)
- Provide up to date reporting to all stakeholders within the agreed timescales/deadlines
- All reports/M.I. must be accurate and concise providing insight into the SSC Operations
- Development of new MI reports providing business insights to the Operational Teams
- Graduate calibre (degree in a numerate subject preferred)
- Minimum grade B in GCSE Maths
- Experience of producing and understanding Management Information reports
- Good core understanding of the key commercial drivers within business
- Experience of systems and technology in an office environment
- Strong communicator at all levels reaching across internal boundaries and within clients and suppliers alike
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel is a MUST (this will be tested at interview stage). VBA experience is advantageous.
- Data analysis and manipulation skills
- Comfortable handling large volumes of data
- Knowledge of any additional programming languages (e.g. SQL) is advantageous but not essential.
Do you want to work for one of the biggest and most respected recruitment companies in the UK?
Are you ambitious and seeking a new opportunity to develop and shine?
What will you be doing?
You will be working within the Workforce Planning team who are responsible for filling shifts on behalf of Royal Mail. The work involves taking orders from either one large site of a group of sites and filling these to our SLA. You will be responsible for keeping your pool of candidates up to date,allocating shifts to them on a daily or weekly basis,ensuring that all candidates are compliant and able to go out to work . Placing new starters in for induction,creating signing in sheets and dealing with all queries.
What are we looking for?
We are looking to bring in a real go-getter who thrives in a fast paced and a Call Centre environment
- Be able to work to targets and SLA’s
- Attention to detail.
- Have worked in a process driven role before
- Have had experience in a fast paced environment
- Experience of complaint handling is desirable but not essential
- PC Literate must have experience of excel
- Excellent telephone manner and strong customer service skills as will be required to speak to hiring managers on a daily basis
- Great team player
- Drive to succeed
- Resilient and adaptable
What can we offer?
- Full training
- Reward and Recognition
- Bonus Scheme
* Please also be aware that there is also a holiday ban over October – December.
Reed Specialist Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender,race,disability,sexual orientation,religion or belief,age,gender reassignment,marital or civil partnership status,pregnancy or maternity.
Reed Professional Services are looking for a Resource Executive to join this niche area of the business that falls under REED global. You will be joining this Talent Acquisition division to find the talent required to work on RPS’s work packages,projects and consultancy engagements.