Unlike many graduate schemes, ours offers you a unique degree of flexibility around where (and how far) you take your career with REED.
We need people to join us who demonstrate ambition, a track-record of hitting targets, and who want to make a difference to our communities through our company purpose of Improving Lives Through Work.
Before applying, take some time to explore this site to find out why our Graduates’ and Co-Members’ feedback led us to become a ‘Top Company for Graduate to Work For’ (JobCrowd) and a ‘Best Place to Work’ on Glassdoor.
2020 Applications Now Closed
Due to high demand, applications for all 2020 intakes are now closed.
To stay up-to-date with when applications open for 2021, and for more info about working at REED, sign up to our Careers at REED Newsletter.
Graduate Training Scheme
- Min. 2.1 Undergraduate Degree (any discipline)
- £23,000 starting salary (up to £27,000 in London)
- Qualification sponsorship (after 12 months)
Graduate Scheme Q&A
In Autumn 2020 Graduate Scheme Manager, Saveena Bains spoke to three members of the Graduate Training Scheme about their experiences and advice for anyone thinking of applying for the REED Graduate Training Scheme, or a graduate scheme generally.
Watch through the playlist on the left/above to find answers to your burning questions, or watch the whole session on our YouTube Channel here.
Topics covered in the video(s) include:
- Differences between Graduate Schemes and Direct Entry jobs
- Transferrable skills you can develop at university
- How to differentiate yourself from other applicants
- Advice for transitioning from university life to full-time work
Every 5 minutes someone in Britain starts a new job through one of our businesses.
From day one on the REED Graduate Scheme (and for your first year with us) you could be helping us achieve our purpose and company goals through any of the four ways below:
- Negotiating job listing packages for businesses as a Sales Executive at reed.co.uk so job-seekers can find and apply to a range of opportunities on our site
- Working with household-name brands and organisations (from major banks to the NHS) on high-volume recruitment needs through one of our national contracts within Reed Talent Solutions
- Using expertise in your chosen specialism to help local businesses fill their permanent or temporary job vacancies as a Recruitment Consultant in Reed Specialist Recruitment
- Supporting the long-term unemployed back to work as an Employment Advisor at Reed in Partnership
In addition to world-class training, delivered in-house and online, all our Graduates begin their journey at REED with an induction at the Reed Business School in the Cotswolds.
You’ve completed your first year objectives, made a good impression on your colleagues and networked with the wider business…
So what comes next?
A few months before your rotation due date, the Graduate team will contact you with a list of opportunities available around the business. These will depend on business needs at the time, but could include any number of vacancies from HR, Finance, Learning & Development, Business Improvement, Marketing… The opportunities are endless!
Should you be happy in your operational role, you are welcome to stay in your branch/office, provided you and your manager can demonstrate clear progression and a desire to lead a team. Should you pursue this route in one of our Sales or Recruitment roles, your earning potential will be much higher for your duration on the graduate scheme, and you will have opportunities for further training and development through our Future Leaders Programme.
In addition to world-class job training, delivered in-house and online, all our Graduates begin their journey at REED with an induction at the Reed Business School in the Cotswolds. Here you’ll get to meet your peers and work together on ideas to help grow the business, before meeting a range of current Graduate Scheme members and company directors.
Alongside the Rewards and Benefits available to all Co-Members, as a member of the Graduate Training Scheme you can expect:
- A senior mentor to coach and advise you through your time at REED and an optional ‘buddy’ from one of our previous year’s intakes
- Funding for a professional qualification of your choice, so you can become an expert in your chosen area (from year 2)
- Performance-related salary increases for each year on the scheme, tied to your performance against agreed annual objectives and demonstrating the core attributes we expect of our graduates
Complete Our Short Application Form
We’ll gather your basic details so we can check your eligibility for the scheme and to make sure we can contact you. We then want to know why you think we’re a good match.
Tip: Make sure you check over your application for mistakes (maybe ask someone to take a look), and ensure you outline your strengths and motivations which can be directly related to working for REED.
We’ll send you verbal and deductive reasoning tests. Thinking logically and pulling out the relevant data is a vital part of any leadership position in our business.
Tip: These are tough, so make sure you practice beforehand and give yourself time in a quiet space to complete them. Find some practice tests here: https://www.shldirect.com/en/practice-tests/
Speak with one of the Early Careers team to discuss your motivations and hear more about the roles and Life at REED. We want to get to know you so we can match you to the right team in the business and get you off to a flying start.
Test Out The Job!
Depending on your choice of first year role, you’ll complete a telephone role play or video dilemmas assessment. This will give you an insight into the day-to-day job and a chance for you to demonstrate your strengths relative to the role.
Future leaders… meet our current leaders!
Our directors across the business place the Graduate Training Scheme in high esteem and so insist on having 1-to-1 interviews with each applicant to determine whether they think you have the potential to be a future leader for our business.
They will look for you to be enthusiastic about your potential future with REED and have a good understanding of what’s expected of you. In return, they’ll give you a unique insight into the business and their tips for success!
Find Your Placement!
With a conditional offer on the table following your interview with a director, the Early Careers team will book interviews for you to determine where you will start at REED; taking in to account your preferences around locations and specialisms.
REED Graduate Scheme – Latest Developments
Check out our blogs below to hear about #LifeAtREED on the REED Graduate Scheme and wider business, as well as company news, insights and advice…