Impactful Learning & Development,
Delivered By Experts
REED has always had a strong culture of learning, something which our founder Sir Alec Reed instilled from the very earliest days of the business. Over 50 years later, this culture remains as strong as ever and is why we are considered industry leaders for learning, training and development.
We really do believe in the importance of developing our people and part of what we pride ourselves on is the breadth of training available.
REED is a business where every Co-Member has the opportunity to develop professionally and personally.
Having an environment where development and growth is celebrated leads many Co-Members to build long and successful careers with REED. There are numerous examples across the business of people who joined us as trainees and many years later are in Senior Management roles.
Here at REED not only are you supported throughout your career with industry leading in house training, you will do so at our very own Reed Business School, listed as one of the most beautiful places to study in the world. A stunning 15th Century Manor house located in the heart of the Cotswolds, the Reed Business School is situated in the picturesque village of Little Compton. Our facilities give delegates the option to stay residentially and really make the most of the setting.
Our dedicated in-house Learning & Development team run programmes for new starters, management and continued support throughout your career. All of this is away from the hustle and bustle of your usual distractions on a working environment.
Most of our Co-Members work within recruitment teams and so this is where we focus the training provision. Upon joining REED as a consultant you will automatically be enrolled onto the 3 Year Training and Development Programme. This is a structured programme including:
- Essential Recruitment Skills Parts 1 – 5: residential courses held at the Reed Business School, spread out across the three years.
- All of our courses are delivered by Trainers who themselves have been successful recruiters with REED, covering all of the essential topics you’ll need to succeed: communication, interviewing, negotiating, plus all of the tips and techniques that have come from over 50 years as a leading recruitment business.
- From day one you will have access to your own online learning platform, the home for all of your training resources as well as a wide selection of online courses that you can complete (even on your mobile!)
- Our first year is now an accredited programme through which you’ll achieve industry recognised qualifications.
- Our Apprenticeship programme for consultants on completion will result in L3 NVQ Diploma in Recrutiment and L3 Certificate in Principles of Recruitment Practice. For Resourcer level, L2 NVQ Certificate in Recruitment Resourcing and L2 Certificate in Recruitment Resourcing.
- A consultant will attend 8-10 days of classroom training in their first year, and beyond this there are numerous workshops that managers run locally.
- Upon completing the 3 Year Training and Development Programme you will graduate at an Awards Dinner hosted by one of REED’s Senior Directors.
As consultants progress their career the specific needs they have will vary, so the support we provide becomes a lot more tailored. Some of the options that are available include:
Mentoring Programmes: REED have an award winning mentoring scheme which partners Co-Members with Senior Managers who can provide 1-1 guidance and support.
Workshops: As much as we love online learning there is nothing quite like a day of training with like-minded people. We run plenty of half and full day workshops covering a broad range of topics.
The Management Academy: A nine month programme to support consultants who are aspiring to become Business Managers. Over 70% of Co-Members who have completed this have gone on to run offices of their own.