Learning and Development
Impactful Learning and Development, Delivered By Experts
REED are well known for having some of the best Learning and Development opportunities in business. Award winning mentoring schemes, professional qualifications, personal development funds, hack days, career progression frameworks and structured academy’s for Management and more.
Most of our Co-Members work within recruitment teams and so this is where we focus the training provision. Upon joining REED as a consultant you will automatically be enrolled onto the 3 Year Training and Development Programme. This is a structured programme including:
- Essential Recruitment Skills Parts 1 – 5: residential courses held at the Reed Business School, spread out across the three years.
- All of our courses are delivered by Trainers who themselves have been successful recruiters with REED, covering all of the essential topics you’ll need to succeed: communication, interviewing, negotiating, plus all of the tips and techniques that have come from over 50 years as a leading recruitment business.
- From day one you will have access to your own online learning platform, the home for all of your training resources as well as a wide selection of online courses that you can complete (even on your mobile!)
- Our first year is now an accredited programme through which you’ll achieve industry recognised qualifications.
- Our Apprenticeship programme for consultants on completion will result in L3 NVQ Diploma in Recrutiment and L3 Certificate in Principles of Recruitment Practice. For Resourcer level, L2 NVQ Certificate in Recruitment Resourcing and L2 Certificate in Recruitment Resourcing.
- A consultant will attend 8-10 days of classroom training in their first year, and beyond this there are numerous workshops that managers run locally.
- Upon completing the 3 Year Training and Development Programme you will graduate at an Awards Dinner hosted by one of REED’s Senior Directors.
Here at REED not only are you supported throughout your career with industry leading in house training, you will do so at our very own Reed Business School, listed as one of the most beautiful places to study in the world. A stunning 15th Century Manor house located in the heart of the Cotswolds, the Reed Business School is situated in the picturesque village of Little Compton. Our facilities give delegates the option to stay residentially and really make the most of the setting.
Our dedicated in-house Learning & Development team run programmes for new starters, management and continued support throughout your career. All of this is away from the hustle and bustle of your usual distractions on a working environment.
Learning & Development – Reed.co.uk
All new co-members at Reed Online attend a formal induction within their first 4 weeks in the business.
The induction provides an opportunity to meet with key stakeholders across the business, gain an understanding of our business approach and strategy, as well as the functions of each department and internal support available to all co-members.
Following this induction, departmental training is provided to ensure that our new starters are equipped with the skills they need to be successful.
Reed Online takes a blended approach to learning and this may include a combination of classroom based sessions, e-learning, work shadowing, and peer to peer learning.
“We have a formal career plan here so I’m working on that to move up towards a mid-level Developer, but as well as that I’ve been working a bit more on the design side of things. So Reed Online is great in that it allows you to forge your own path… I’m moving more towards design and development and trying to merge those two roles together.”
Kitty Allen, Front-End Developer, reed.co.uk